Williams is the newest celeb to point out an curiosity in Bitcoin and cryptocurrency
Maisie Williams, identified for enjoying the function of Arya Stark within the fantasy drama TV present Recreation of Thrones, has requested Twitter customers if it’s the proper time to purchase Bitcoin. The actress who has a following of two.7 million on Twitter arrange a ballot asking, “Ought to I am going lengthy on bitcoin?”
The ballot has gathered a complete of 749,290 votes within the final 12 hours. Nevertheless, this quantity is anticipated to rise with greater than 9 hours (as of publication) left earlier than the ballot ends. Thus far, 48% have voted in favour whereas the remaining 52% assume she mustn’t.
Many different crypto neighborhood members and followers have replied to tweet as nicely. Tesla’s chief government Elon Musk was among the many first to reply with a cheeky reply.
“ Toss a bitcoin to ur Witcher ,” he wrote.
Williams responded to the reply in what could be assumed to be a joke by asking, “how’s blue origin going?”
Ex-hedge fund supervisor Mike Novogratz posted, “Duh!!” earlier than including, “I purchased extra $BTC final evening at 15800. It’s going to 20ok and the. To 65 ok. The community impact has taken over. I see tons of latest consumers, and there may be little or no provide. It’s a neater commerce right here that at 11ok. So YES, purchase it.”
Others in favour had been podcaster Peter McCormack who posted that she ought to solely contemplate Bitcoin and Blockfolio’s crew representing the crypto portfolio administration utility. Barry Silbert, CEO at Grayscale, couldn’t resist the chance to make a reference to the Greyscale illness on the TV present.
Silbert posted,” you must take a look at @Grayscale (the opposite one).”
Some Twitter customers replied beneath the ballot saying Bitcoin was “dangerous for the planet.” Different feedback within the reply part merely revealed confusion.
There was an elevated curiosity in Bitcoin this yr by excessive profile personalities within the finance and leisure industries. Retired rapper and songwriter Sir Robert Bryson Corridor II, identified by stage identify Logic, lately revealed he had determined to spend money on crypto after discussing it along with his supervisor.
Though it’s not but identified if Williams will spend money on Bitcoin or not, she may have presumably uncovered many Twitter customers to crypto by way of her ballot.